Testamentary Planning with IRAs
Tax writers for many years have proposed shortening the payout period for IRAs as a way to raise tax revenues. Congress now may be listening, and there is a real prospect for legislation that would shorten the required payout period for inherited IRAs. This webinar will discuss the impact that the changes would have and review planning with IRAs. Discussion highlights include:
- Current required minimum distribution rules for IRAs
- Provisions of the SECURE Act, passed by the House of Representatives in 2019
- Planning implications of a shorter payout period and how taxpayers could respond.
- Additional planning tips with IRAs
Portland Trust Company is pleased to offer Continuing Education opportunities featuring tenured professionals from the American Bankers Association Trust Schools.
Thomas W. Abendroth, Partner Schiff Hardin LLP
Charles “Skip” D. Fox IV, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
“Testamentary Planning with IRAs” has been approved for:
- 2.0 CTFA Credits
- 2.0 CISP Credits
- 2.0 CRSP Credits
- 1.50 CPEs for CPAs (Taxes) Credits
- 1.5 CLE Maine Credits
RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org or 558-6222